Monday 6 January 2014

Day 119: The calm before the storm

After a very unrest full night with both kids up (Remie for an hour and a half!) we all had a low-key morning and a nice brekkie together. Nick took Sandy for a quick driving lesson theme the boys left for Cuboree. It's the first time that Alex will be away from home for more than a night at a friend's. I'm excited for him to have this experience and worries as any mother world be. I'm glad that Nick is there with him even though Alex is very sensible. Sandy, Remie and I has some time running errands (including getting my pre-chemo blood test which went fine this time) followed by a lovely pre-chemo champagne lunch at Little Manly. The kids ran around the beach and we sat eating, drinking and talking (except poor Steph, whose boys were not in the running around mood). I really enjoyed the whole experience. The afternoon was quiet and saw me taking a little rest on the couch, which was heaven. Remie was in bed early so Sandy ad I had a nice chat over dinner. We got organised for tomorrow's 3rd round (I pack socks, a warm top, socks, my little cooler bag for my shot, food and something to do) it's bed time. I'm hoping for a good sleep and a constitution of steel tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment