Friday 10 January 2014

Day 123: Fuzzy

Some days are harder than others. I had a fuzzy head and fuzzy mouth most of the day, as well as continued sore intestines. I didn't get a nap because I was too busy trying to be part of the world by having a little walk, do some grocery shopping, visit with Karen and hang out with Sandy. When I finally went for a nap the concrete drilling in the apartment building next door started up. Poor me.

At least I have a valid physical reason for having a tough day. Remie was all over the board today: excited about Alex and Nick coming home, grumpy then happy about spending the day with Netty and finally horrid to everyone. It took almost an hour of grumbling and crying at bedtime for her to say that she was really sad but she didn't know why; she just felt like I wasn't close enough. We had big cuddles and I rubbed her back as she finally relaxed to sleep. Poor Remie.

I don't want to drag her, or anyone else, on this journey, but I guess that's what happens in a family and with good friends. All we can do is try to be there for each other and try to act out of love. Thanks to all of you who are showing me that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment