Sunday 27 October 2013

Day 46 (Saturday 26th October): Push back

After a busy morning of 7a training with the girls (which had devolved into some brief exercise - walking for me today - followed by a catch up over brekkie) then the kids' swim club then a trip to the mall which included lunch at the sushi train, we got home and I attempted to have a rest. I did this not only because I was a bit tired after sleeping poorly the past few nights but also because I wanted to see if the kids could be relatively quiet and respectful. They never quite mastered it when my hip was painful pre-replacement and I needed to rest.

I'm disappointed to say that they have not improved. Remie was terribly defiant, screaming and stomping and slamming doors. Alex just egged her on. We had a family discussion about how I'm going to need to rest and they are going to have to do better at helping me. We explained that they will get to go on play dates and do lots of fun things but sometimes they'll just have to be home and quiet.  Remie was so unsupportive and selfish that Nick took them out to Bunnings (hardware store) which she hates. I know she is only 6 and we have set things up to contribute to her thinking that the world revolves around her. I fear that this is going to be a huge issue unless we figure out how to pull the team together. Perhaps it will take until the reality of it is in front of them for them to adapt. Fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment