Sunday 20 October 2013

Day 40 (Sunday 20 October): Numbers

I can't believe it's been 40 days (nearly a month and a half!) since Dr. Karen told me I have cancer. Noah survived the flood in the same amount of time. It seems like years ago given everything that's happened. I found myself wondering what the final count will be until I get beyond "it".

I pulled together all my pathology and all my invoices earlier today. I thought I should get started creating a useable file before it got too out of hand. I was curious to learn that my total medical costs to date, before Medicare and private Heath fund payments, is just over $8,000, making it a daily average of $200. If I weren't sick before totalling that I now have real reason to be! I wonder what that daily average will be as I near the end of the journey. I best submit my claims to date soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment