Thursday 17 October 2013

Day 37 (Thursday 17 October): A reason to be home

Happy 9th birthday to my beautiful boy! It's funny to think that 9 years ago I thought that having a caesarean after 16 hours in labour was hard work. I swear it is all in one's perspective.

I am so pleased to have been able to be home and feeling good to celebrate Alex's birthday. It started with pressies first up then Nana's lemon cake after brekkie. A celebratory dinner out was capped with ice cream sundaes. Lots of cuddles before bed ended a great day.

I also had a fabulous visit from a lingerie and breast prosthesis woman who fitted me in my own home. She was positive and respectful and shared some wonderfully uplifting (pun intended) stories. It was a fabulous experience and I now have a fake booby that balances me out plus some bras and singlets with pockets for my insert. She also tells me i can pop my insert into my normal swimmers so  I'm loking forward to getting back to laps in 5 weeks. Perhaps.it wasn't the most glamourous of consultations but I do feel more confident about my imbalance.

In preparation for my jappointment with Dr.Andrew tomorrow, I just went through the "Understanding Your Pathology" chapter of the "Breast Cancer: Taking Control" book at the Breastcare nurse gave me.  There is a reason I'm not in medicine. I at least feel like I know what to ask but have to go to sleep now as I am exhausted yet again.


1 comment:

  1. So amazing that you were home for Alex's birthday - special times.

    I am thinking of you so so much and sending so many positive thoughts. Oh, and dad promised he'd pray a lot for you.

    Lots of love
    Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete