Monday 7 October 2013

Day 23 (Wednesday 2 October): Final hurrah/back to reality

We spent the morning packing with the intention of getting some final swimming and playing in before our 11.40a pick up.  We managed to get out by 9.30a and meet up with our friends for a last play of the holiday.  The kids had a ball swimming and the adults had a coffee and chatted.  We went in and out of holiday mode as we prepared to head home.  Our friend suggested that we do a family photo shoot before the surgery, so I asked a photographer friend in Sydney who was happy to help.  We said our goodbyes and headed off to the airport.  Bye bye Hamilton Island.

There was a big package waiting for me at home.  I'd almost forgotten that I'd ordered the "My Journey" kit from the Breast Cancer Network Australia (http://www.bcna.org.au/my-journey-kit).  It is a fabulous resource and made me realise how much support there is for breast cancer, but it also made me realise that this is indeed going to be my reality.  Thankfully I'm not pioneering on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment