Wednesday 16 October 2013

Day 36 (Wednesday 16 October): Back to the routine

It was so nice to wake up in my own bed. I was so pleased when Remie came in at 6.30a for a cuddle. Getting organised and going was a bit slow, but at least my pain is nearly non-existent. After brekkie it was off to Remie's tennis lesson then over to school for the K-3 assembly to see Alex get an award to "consistent results in maths". He was so proud and excited that Nick, his patents and I were all there. Cute.

I then had a lovely and long overdue chat with Belinda after grabbing coffees and walking the block to the beach where we sat on the wall watching the surf. I really appreciated having the freedom and strength to be able to do that.

The reast of the day was perfectly mundane and normal. I find it amazing that despite having been pulled out of the day-to-day 18 months ago for my hip replacement (and months before in the lead up), I still quickly took for granted being able to do the daily things that drive most of us mad. I will admit that Remie's tantrums all afternoon still drove me mad, but it was nice to be part of it all (or maybe not...).  In 2 more days I think I enter the world of numbers and percentages (survival rates, chances of recurrence, number of weeks until treatment starts, etc.) so here is good now.

I am now exhausted. I was thinking of reading a bit about chemo to be able to prepare myself, but as the thought seems daunting, I'm just going to turn out the light and go to sleep. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment