Sunday 16 November 2014

Day 438: Early release

I am home tonight after getting out of hospital this morning 2 days earlier than expected. It was so nice to have the day at home in fresh air. Now I just need to remember to rest.

I woke about 6a and went back to sleep until the catering woman brought in my brekkie at 7.30a. I savoured my final breakfast in bed, then packed and had a shower. Emma, my nurse, came in with 2 Endone in preparation for pulling the final drain.  She was back in 30 minutes to do the deed, reminding me to breathe the whole while. I've never had bamboo slowly shoved under my fingernails, but I imagine it would feel like that. Ouch.

Netty arrived at 9.30a as she'd offered to pick me up (and Remie had no interest in driving back to hospital!), and we ended up hanging out for an hour until my Endone script was filled and my paperwork was done.

Remie and Nick were excited to see us when we got home (Alex was out at a Cubs event). After lunch, Nick dropped Remie at Rach's for a play with M while he ran errands. Netty and I hung out and read the paper. Rach and Jen popped in for a visit and Jen even brought snacks and punch. What a great relaxing afternoon.

Nick, Remie, Alex and I went out to for dinner (they had planned it so I just went along) once Alex got home. It's an early night for all and some return to normalcy tomorrow, though we'll still rely on all the help we have lined up.

No comments:

Post a Comment