Tuesday 25 November 2014

Day 447: Fasting blood test

This morning I learned that I am definitely not at my best without my first-up coffee. I didn't miss the food as much as I missed the ritual - and likely the caffeine - of a coffee.

I got to the blood draw centre just after 8a and it was packed. Apparently it hadn't been that busy in months. It took about an hour before I was called. Then came the drama of trying to find a vein as chemo has hardened the key ones, and I am limited to only one arm. The poor woman, who did a few of my pre-chemo draws, ended up going in a vein on my hand. Yuck! I hate the hand, but she was good. I was glad to have that finished.

I had a great walk with Delia and Sonja, followed by a coffee. From there I went to see my psychologist, Jessica.  We had a good chat and she suggested a follow up in 3 months, so all is good.


No comments:

Post a Comment