Sunday 23 November 2014

Day 445: Hiding from the heat

It was predicted to be 39 degrees C today. Knowing what the heat does to my arm swelling, I spent the afternoon hiding indoors, which is not at all like me. Thankfully the heat never hit and my arm stayed the same. I feel a bit like I wasted a beautiful day, but a visit to the beach would've been unpleasant since I still shouldn't swim post-op and my sleeve/glove would've been very not. Ahh, the joys of this journey. At least I know that this, too, shall pass.

I did have the upside of seeing Remie's dance concert in which she did a tap dance (she's been doing tap and jazz) dressed as a pirate. She had a great time.

Nick and Alex spent last night camping locally at Manly Dam with Cubs. Remie and I were there for a bit yesterday but spent the night at home. Camping was not in my repertoire 10 days after reconstruction, and Remie decided she wasn't going to stay if I didn't. Instead we went out for sushi and she slept in her IKEA circus tent on the very old mattress from her cot. She was happy.  And I was happy sleeping in my own bed as comfortably as is possible at the moment on minimal pain killers.


No comments:

Post a Comment