Monday 10 November 2014

Day 432: The effects of heat

It appears that the heat has a direct impact on the swelling of my arm. It is bigger today and was as well yesterday after the 34 degree C (100F) heat on Saturday. I also went to the gym this morning and, as it is lacking aircon, I got pretty hot.

With both of those events I broke Rule #1 of "Avoiding Swelling Resulting from Lymphoedema": Minimise the production of extra lymphatic fluid. Oops. It will be interesting to note how long it takes to go down.

My "problem area" is the under part of my forearm - the place to where fluid goes as a result of gravity when  I am sitting. I'm trying to get at least weekly laser treatments to try to break up the fibrotic tissue which would improve my fluid flow. I feel lucky that I have the means to do this as it's not covered by public or private health care.

I'm getting ready for my 5 days of breakfast in bed. It's strange to think that this next phase is soon underway.

No comments:

Post a Comment