Monday 3 November 2014

Day 425: Cancer is no longer the focus

I remember people telling me that at some point, likely without me realising it, cancer would gradually stop being the focus of my life. I think I've nearly arrived there.

Apologies for the radio silence; I've been so busy catching up on things and living life that I've opted for sleep over writing. In the past 2 months, we've had both kids' birthdays, I'm attempting to de-clutter from the past year+ of dumping things and we're heading to Melbourne this weekend to see Nick's family for the first time in over a year. I did 2 ocean swims last week, the first in about 2 years. Very exciting!  The kids' schedules for the final term are manic and keeping on top of it all in is constant. Finally, I'm trying to get ahead of the curve with Christmas only 7ish weeks away.

This is all about to change, at least temporarily, when I go into the hospital in 9 days. I will again be a cancer patient, but at least this time my stay is for cosmetic purposes.  Ok, I have also had my daily reminder of my cancer as I wear my lymphoedema compression garments and get treatment ( either laser or massage) every other week. And sure, my hair is short, but I love it. I am looking forward to getting through this step of reconstruction and resuming the path to moving cancer to the sidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment