Monday 24 November 2014

Day 446: Post-op hyperglycemia follow up

I dragged myself out of bed today and spent the day in a bit of a fog. I did get to the gym but I can honestly say that I was exhausted after 40 mins so I admitted defeat. I figured it would be good to get back to the routine, which it was. I'd just forgotten how slow the start of a comeback is.

I saw Dr. Mark (Dr. Karen was away) to follow up on my post-surgery high glucose read. He is sending me to do a fasting blood sugar test. He says there are 3 possible outcomes:
1. Everything is normal and the post-surgery high glucose was likely due to increased adrenalin caused by stress.
2. The reading is a bit high and I go back for a more in-depth blood glucose test.
3. The reading is very high and I am diagnosed with diabetes.
I will be very pissed off if it is #3.

I took Kirrily out for lunch to celebrate her birthday. It was a wonderful catch up.

I also made it to the last reading group in Remie's class for the year. I said a big thank you to the class for the beautiful "G well soon" cards they made while I was in hospital. When Remie brought them to hospital and showed them to me one by one I nearly cried.

I'm feeling really sore tonight. I'm hoping that it's just the result of over-doing it a bit. My nipple (I was about to write right nipple but I only have the right one) is "weeping" a bit in general and bleeding a bit tonight. Dr. Andrew didn't seem too worried about it, and neither did Dr. Mark, but it still makes me uneasy. I may try to get one of the breastcare nurses to look at when I'm at the hospital on Wednesday to see Dr. Fran.


No comments:

Post a Comment