Saturday 15 November 2014

Day 437: 2 of 3 out

I woke about 7a after an awesome 10 hours of sleep. I took the opportunity to be lazy and stay in bed after brekkie. I got in the shower and had a walk about 9a, then talked to Mum, Sandra and Joe. I was still tired so I lay back in bed reading and dozing until an official-looking man popped in. John from pastoral care and I had a nice chat. He left saying that he'd been supposed to cheer me up but felt I'd helped him.

Nick and the kids arrived about 11.30a. Remie came with 20+ hand made "Get Well" cards from each if the kids in her class. They were so sweet they nearly made me cry. She was very proud of them and felt very pleased to be showing me. She also brought me a new Beanie Boo, Zigzag the zebra, to keep me company. Alex came with a puzzle for me to solve and a couple of card games.

We went to the cafe to get lunch for them then came back to my room to wait for my lunch, which included 2 lemon sorbets for the kids. They thought it was a great treat. After they'd finished, they pulled the curtain in front of the door to do a show. Shortly after they started, Dr. Andrew walked in.  He had no idea he'd come in the middle of a show and it was all quite entertaining.

He checked my drains and said 2 could come out. He also asked if I wanted to go home tomorrow or Monday, to which Alex immediately responded "Monday" (I think he didn't want to tidy his room). I said tomorrow so that'll be it. My lovely nurse, Emma, came in with 2 Endone to prepare me for the drain removal.

The kids' continued their show and we all had a good laugh. We then played Uno after which they departed (I think they were afraid of the drain removal). It was so good to have them here.

Emma was fantastic at pulling out the drains, but it was still terribly unpleasant. I flopped back into bed to read and lay still to keep the pain to a minimum. Ally popped in for a quick hello, which was a
lovely surprise. Then Archie came by for a visit and we had a great chat about how we old parents are going to need to lighten up and be flexible as our kids approach the teen years. Yikes! That makes drain removal seem easy.

Since then I've been lolling about, watching TV, going for a walk and reading. I'm tired after a not-very-busy day, so it'll be off to sleep soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment