Sunday 24 August 2014

Day 349: Claw hand

After a terrible night of huge intestinal carmps, I slept until 7.30a. This is a 10-year first in terms of wake-up times. Usually Remie is in waking me by 6.30a, but she's been getting up and reading. Today it was Alex who came in first. Ahh, the times are changing.

I fit in a short walk while my family went bike riding (I couldn't get on my bike with my bandaged arm). Erika spent another 1 1/2 hours with me on massage and bandaging. She put lots of padding on my hand to move the fluid out so it looks likea claw. The good news is that yesterday's bandaging brought the swelling down lots, so hopefully this will make more progress.

A lovely lunch at Jen and Owen's was followed by a lazy arvo watching the Swannies win. Alex hung with me while Nick and Remie went down to the beach to find pets (thankfully they came home empty handed).

Everything seems hard at the moment.  Sure, figuring out how to do things with one arm is challenging, but I know it won't be forever. I think I'm just generally down in the dumps. I know that it'll pass, so I'm just going to enjoy my sleeping and take the time to lay low.  I'll do my best to put on a positive face to help Remie, and it may help me, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment