Saturday 23 August 2014

Day 348: A week of treatment

Nick got home this morning and we all went to my weekly girls' brekkie to catch up with the other families. We had a grown up table and a kids table. It was a fun change.

Then I saw Erika for massage and bandaging. It took about 1 1/2 hours for her to move lots of the fluid out of my hand and then wrap it plus my arm up to keep the fluid moving up and out of my arm. At $125 it is a bargain. Unfortunately I have reached my health fun benefit limit for physiotherapy, and since Medicare won't cover it (Medicare doesn't recognise lymphoedema as a chronic condition that requires regular treatment), my out of hospital treatments will be out of pocket.

I will see Erika again tomorrow. On Tuesday I'll see Dr. Theresa.  On Wednesday I'll go to the Mt. Wilga lymphoedema clinic for an assessment with Dr. Helen (I understand that any treatment I get there may be covered as in-hospital so my health fund should pay). I'm hopeful that insensible treatment will help get this under control.

We had an enjoyable afternoon at the Mythbusters live show, then Japanese  for dinner at King Street Wharf. I now have an aching gut and hope that it will pass while I sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment