Sunday 10 August 2014

Day 335: Heavy and blue

When I woke up my arm was exactly the same. I know it's silly but I keep hoping that I will wake up one day and it will be back to normal. It's not only the treatment I dread but also the fact that I have this condition for the rest of my life. Then there's the bit that the nurse told me today when I rang hospital after feeling a hard lump in my arm: the swelling may never go down. Egad!

It seems strange that I was able to get through all my tests, surgery and treatment and remain positive while I am struggling to do so in the face of lymphoedema. I did struggle with my hip osteoarthritis until I had my replacement. I think it may be that the things that limit my mobility are the ones I find most distressing, especially if there is no cure.

I'm hoping I'll feel better once I get an actual diagnosis on Thursday and a treatment plan. I also meet with Dr. Andrew immediately following my physio appointment to discuss my next surgical steps (exchanging my expander for a proper implant, lifting my right breast or  possibly removing it and possibly taking out my ovaries). Information is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment