Friday 9 May 2014

Day 252: 8+ weeks post-chemo and 2 days post-radio

So the end is not here, but I knew that.  This radiation burn and rash has been terribly itchy today.  I'm just about to apply my Flamazine in time for bed, so hopefully that will bring some relief.

I've also had a lovely afternoon of hot flushes.  Remie was at a party at Build-a-Bear at the mall, so I did a bit of shopping with Chris.  I spent the 2.5 hours taking off and putting on my jumper.  At least Chris found it entertaining.

I ditched the blue nail polish today and decided to go natural again - at least for a few days.  My nails have all split and/or peeled, but they seem to be somewhat healthy aside from the rings in my thumb nails.

The good news is that I see a few eyelashes coming in, plus I have a rogue eyebrow hair and I might need to shave my legs in a week or so.  Go the regeneration!

Nick got in from South Korea this morning and we had a lovely lunch date.  It's really good to have him back.  He even bought me some beautiful flowers as a congrats for finishing treatment (I did have to make a pretty blatant suggestion, but he went over the top in the choice).

This is my first weekend post-treatment, and I am thrilled to be feeling better.  I'm told I look healthier, and Rach even said this morning that my hair looks thicker since last weekend (bless her).  In any case, I'm looking forward to leaving the "cancer patient" moniker behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment