Monday 5 May 2014

Day 248: All things come to an end

Nearly 8 months ago I found out I had breat cancer, and about a month later Dr. Fran outlined my treatment plan. I remember thinking that the 4 1/2 months that it would take seemed so long, and May was so very far away.  And my friends rallied, with Sue setting up a meal train, cooking meals, coming to chemo and radio, and just being there.

Well, here we are.  In just 2 days my in-hospital treatment will come to an end. And in just 1 day Sue will move to London. I think it just goes to show that you never know what will happen. The influence of key people in your life evolves. Sad and happy live side by side, and that's just the way the world is. I'm just trying to remember that good friends never go away; distance just makes those times together more precious, right Sandy, Meg and Tom, Lisa, Cren, Tess, Annie, Greg, Ted, V, Sparks, Sheephound, Cujo, Coiro, Shawn, Kristen, Jax, Rahul, Tawni, Jane and all the wonderful friends I made over time who I don't get to see as much as I'd like due to distance?

In the day-to-day, I had a beautiful walk along the beach in the sunshine, a coffee with the Sellars, a quick treatment, an easy bone density scan and the usual everything else. I'd call that a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment