Wednesday 14 May 2014

Day 257: Comeback #4

After 2 c-sections and a hip replacement, this comeback thing has become a regular 2-3 year occurrence in the past 10 years of my life.  Given this, at least I know how to do it; I swear there's a business idea in it somewhere.

I was at the gym this morning for the second time this week (yoga yesterday). I know, at this point, it is about just showing up and getting back in the routine. Phil, who runs the hole-in-the-wall gym, is fabulous. I told him is was ready to work a bit harder and I need a program for my upcoming 6 week US trip, so he wrote it up and got me going. It is apparent that I've lost lots of strength, endurance and flexibility (what is up with that last one??), but at least that means that I can see progress every day.

I went back to eating a big salad for lunch for the first time in ages. Part of the comeback is getting back into a healthy eating pattern. I'm sure that won't be too hard once all the chocolate is gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment