Monday 30 September 2013

Day 16 (Thursday 26 September): Adventures in paradise


Today I was able to go on a fabulous trip to the reef with my family, one that I've wanted to do for over a year now: get to the reef w/o being seasick and take my mermaid snorkelling.  We took a helicopter from Hamilton Island out to Reefworld at Hardy's Reef. The flight was amazing. Our mermaid was totally in her element at the reef. She seriously was not at all afraid and was a fabulous swimmer and loved seeing everything. Alex had a great time and even came down the steep slide with me. Nick filmed with the GoPro and had a ball. The ride home was fine and all feel asleep exhausted. I'm thankful I had the opportunity to share this adventure with my beautiful family. 

1 comment:

  1. Nancie, your attitude is awesome! I hadn't been checking FB for awhile and just happened to check on a whim. I am glad and now I will be sending positive vibes and a few prayers your way :-)

    ReplyDelete