Wednesday 18 September 2013

Day 9: The end of the waiting game draws near

Only one more sleep until I find out how bad it is and what next.  I'm glad I've had some time to research and digest as I now feel strong enough to go forth and conquer.  I am visualizing the "all clear party" as a goal.  I guess it's a bit like wading into the water at a triathlon, looking at the markers ("OMG they are far away!") and thinking about crossing the triathlon finish line.  I'm envisaging some helpful and entertaining volunteers on rescue boards who are there in case I need to have a rest and a chat along the way ;-)  Tomorrow I will receive my course briefing and gear up.  

I am very thankful for all the support I have received so far.  Fingers crossed I get to tell the kids we're going on holiday Friday as that will be a great way to win their initial support.  Ok, back to the unknown for a little longer...

1 comment:

  1. Goo - will be waiting anxiously to hear the news. I'm waxing up the surfboard and ready to wade in from the far shores of the U.S. -Tess

    ReplyDelete