Tuesday 24 September 2013

Day 14 (Tuesday 24 September): Normal

After a restful sleep (there is a plan) I arose to a normal day of heading off on a lovely holiday to Hamilton Island. I was a bit vague so thankfully Nick and the kids stepped up and got us out the door. After Scrabble with Alex on the flight, we arrived in a virtual paradise of golf buggies, a plethora of pools, a booking to go snorkelling at the reef, a day aboard a sailboat and a kids' club that my kids where my kids want to go. Very exciting! It all feels so normal. I love it!

I did turn to Nick this morning at some point and said something like "Wow. I have cancer. That's weird."  It took up lots of my head space about it during the trip (the Scrabble distraction did focus me elsewhere) but now that we are here I am in the present again.

I remember years ago, when I was going through my divorce, I was in my head lots of the time. My world as i knew it was over and my troubles were big. I couldn't quite connect with the world around me. I am fighting that now. I want to be here. Now. My world as i know it will end soon, but a new one containing great things i cant even begin to imagine will take its place.

I am here now. I am happy to have time to relax and enjoy and share in my kids' excitement. I am lucky.  I am enjoying feeling fine. I will take on tomorrow's challenges tomorrow, when they come.  Not now.


No comments:

Post a Comment