Tuesday 9 December 2014

Day 459: Last pre-holiday lymphoedema laser treatment

Today I had my seventh lymphoedema laser treatment since the beginning of October. I was told that regular laser can help break down the fibrosis that is occurring in my forearm around my elbow. Happily neither the fibrosis nor the laser are remotely painful. Unhappily, the treatment takes time and costs money. 

Carol thinks my arm has done well not to balloon in our recent hot and humid weather, especially since I had my sleeve off for a bit at the beach on Sunday. My L-Dex was 40, so at least it's consistent with my last few measurements. It'd be great to see it decrease, but I doubt that's going to happen before summer is over. 

I might try to get back to Mt. Wilga after the holidays to access their hospital-grade laser. It's a tough call, though, as that takes 3 hours out of my day. I'll see how I go over the next few weeks and figure it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment