Thursday 4 December 2014

Day 455: Final surgeon check-up

I had my second check up with Dr. Andrew today, 3 weeks after my reconstruction. He was pleased with everything, from the way the wounds have healed to the softness and skin condition of my radiated left breast. I asked when I could resume specific activities (swimming and yoga). His reply was "You are free to do what you like (within the limitations of any pain or discomfort) and enjoy Christmas".  I'm happy with that. My next appointment us the end of February.  I'm hoping for dull and boring recovery between now and then.

2 comments:

  1. How great is it that he proscribed enjoying Christmas? Good for you Cuz..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s an early Christmas present for you, Nancie! I can only imagine how joyful you were when you heard the great news. Anyway, I hope you were able to enjoy your holidays without feeling pain or discomfort. I’ll be looking forward to reading your next update this coming February, and I wish you all the best of health!

    Glenn Lowe @ Knight and Sanders

    ReplyDelete