Wednesday 4 June 2014

Day 279: Post-radiotherapy check-up

I went to the 3-6 assembly today as Alex was getting an award. He was so proud as he got up to accept his Saphire Award for "being a smiley, friendly and cooperative member of class". So cute.

After that I jumped in Errol and enjoyed another sunny drive to the Mater, today for my post-treatment check-up with Dr. Susan. As I was early, and she was early, the appointment ended before it was supposed to start. She is happy with the condition of my skin and my overall health (which is really all she can look at as there is no test or scan to determine if the radiotherapy is going to help prevent my cancer from recurring), so she said there's no need for me to see her again but I can always ring if I have any questions. The invoicing system was down so I even got out without having to pay for the appointment as well as out of the car park under 30 minutes so it was free. What a banner trip to the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment